Our Independent and Assisted Living Apartments
Independent Living Apartments
The apartments at Geer Village are designed to be affordable. Your monthly fee covers many services, including a membership to the YMCA. There is a licensed nurse available, in the building, 24x7. We strive to keep our residents healthy, independent, and active for as long as we can. Should the need arise, residents have direct access to our onsite rehabilitation services and skilled nursing care.
Geer Village encourages an active lifestyle with many cultural events held right on-site. There are also frequent trips to nearby towns, and we also house a library, media center, and an arts and crafts studio. The Northwest Connecticut YMCA and Regional Community Center are also part of Geer Village. Any programs held there are available at no charge for our residents.
We provide our residents with light weekly housekeeping services, cable television, emergency call services, and routine apartment maintenance. All utilities are included. Residents who wish to keep a car or two on campus have the benefit of reserved parking spaces at no extra cost.
The apartments feature a full kitchen with a microwave, a comfortable living/dining area, wall-to-wall carpeting, a generous walk-in closet, and a stacked washer/dryer. One or two bedroom layouts are available.
Also included is a complimentary continental breakfast in our Garden Room, available daily, and the choice of either lunch or dinner from the extensive menu in our restaurant-style dining room.
Assisted Living Apartments
Residents who opt for our Assisted Living package get the same benefits as our Independent Living tenants with these additional services:
- Personal and Medical care coordinated by our Wellness Center
- Nursing Staff available 24x7
- Additional assistance on a fee basis
- Access to our Board Certified Geriatric Physician who can provide oversight and management of your care
- 3 restaurant-style meals a day
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
Amenities at the Village include:
- YMCA with Pool, Fitness Center, personal training, and special programs for all ages
- Classrooms and studio space for the arts and adult education, including credit courses from the community college
- Meeting and banquet rooms for area residents, schools, businesses, and non-profit organizations
- A radio broadcast studio
- The local cable access TV studio where anyone can learn to make and broadcast his or her own video
- Public programs, concerts, exhibits, lectures, and activities including studio arts, choral and theater groups, health seminars, historic-site trips, lectures, and reading by authors
- Internet Access
- ATM machine
- A wellness center and specialty clinic with 24-hour nurses and on-site geriatric physician (and other specialists by appointment)
- A non-denominational chapel
- Resident transportation service