GEER HEALTH CARE: Skilled Nursing, Short Term Rehabilitation, Inpatient Physical Therapy, Memory Impaired Care and Hospice Care
Short term stays for recovery and rehabilitation — professional care and services created to enable a patient to return home. Pleasant residential living space and a wide range of therapies
Skilled Nursing, Short Term Rehabilitation, Inpatient Physical Therapy
and Hospice Care
Comfort and caring, hand in hand Geer’s Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center facility provides each patient with an appropriate balance of professional services and personal attention. Our objective is to make each person as comfortable as possible. Preferences and tastes vary—and we pay attention to that.
Clinical care is directed by Geer’s Medical Director or the resident’s own physician. Geer residents receive care from an APRN, RN. LPN, CNA, Registered Dietician and Social Services, Therapeutic Recreation professionals. Experienced dietary, housekeeping, maintenance and administrative staff work hard to see that Geer is a pleasant, well kept and hospitable home.
Inpatient Physical Therapy at Geer is a comprehensive program to help focus on each resident’s highest level of function. Extensive treatments – from stroke to knee and hip replacement. Specialized treatment for orthopedic issues, neurological issues, pulmonary illnesses, pain management and cardiac care
Occupational Therapy at Geer is a comprehensive program that focuses on each resident’s physical, emotional and developmental issues, as well as cognition.
Our Speech Therapy is also specialized to assist in restoring a resident’s abilities in speaking, hearing and swallowing.
Geer Therapeutic Intervention is designed to enable residents to overcome problems with language, comprehension, memory retention and other cognitive difficulties.
Short term inpatient rehabilitation:
- 120 beds
- Cheerful dining room, quality food service
- Three season room, outdoor patio, several common areas
- Professional staff, exceptionally low turnover. Familiarity and consistency is helpful in creating a sense of home.
- Recreational activities for different ability levels
- Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance accepted
Geer Special Care for the Memory Impaired
- Services for physical, emotional and medical needs
- Secure environment
- Increased staffing levels and a dedicated therapeutic recreation director
- Clinical care is coordinated by an experienced medical staff who are board certified in geriatric care as well as internal medicine
Geer Village’s comfortable apartments and specialized services for memory impaired care.
- Invaluable peace of mind
- Comfort within a continuum of care
- Geer Village offers private and semi-private rooms, as well as one and two bedroom apartments for residents requiring dementia care.
Hillside Apartments are uniquely designed with individual accomodations for seniors with early to mid-stage dementia. Within this secure environment, a resident can enjoy his or her own living area, bathroom and kitchenette – as well as community space and dining room. Hillside has its own nursing station staffed and overseen by a licensed nurse 24/7. Hillside is a perfect setting for individuals with memory impairment who want to maintain their independence and privacy, yet enjoy the company of their peers.
Shared and private rooms are available for seniors with mid-to-late-stage memory impairment who require continuous care within a secure, specifically designated neighborhood. Our staff, specially trained in dementia care, are on site 24/7 to care for your loved one.
Call Lynnea McLane at 860-824-3800 or email us now at our geercares.org email address for more information.