Nursing Visitation Update 02/11/2021
Geer Nursing Indoor Visitation Procedure
All visitation is by Appointment Only
Effective February 16, 2021
- Available Visitation Hours: Tuesday – Saturday
9:30am- 10am, 10am-10:30am, 3:15pm-3:45pm, 3:45pm-4:15pm
- Maximum Time for Visit is 30 Minutes to allow all residents an opportunity for visits.
You must make a visitation appointment with Recreation Director, Jill Simmons. Please keep in mind that we are trying to accommodate everyone’s individual requests and we appreciate your patience.
After you have scheduled your visitation date and time, please follow the procedure below:
- Visitation will take place in the dining room on the first floor. All visitors will enter and exit through the outside door of the dining room (left of the main entrance). Please do not enter the building until you have been screened by a staff member.
- Staff will check that you have an appropriate face covering and will observe hand sanitizing. You will be escorted to your designated visit location, once cleared for the visit.
- Tables with seating and dividers will be provided in the visitation area. When you arrive, your loved one will be seated, awaiting your visit. You must stay seated at your end of the table at all times. Face coverings and six-foot distancing of visitors and residents will be enforced by staff during your entire visit.
- If you are bringing items to drop off to your loved one at the time of your visit, please have everything bagged for ease of carrying and give the bag directly to staff at the time of arrival.
- Any other “drop offs” should be clearly labeled, in a paper bag and must be left at the main entrance on the cart inside the sliding door. Please call the Receptionist at 860-824-5137 to notify them of your drop off. If you are dropping off something after 4:30pm, please call the Nursing Supervisor at 860-806-2672.
- Limit of two visitors only, including children.
- All visitors MUST wear a facemask that fully covers your nose and mouth. Please also perform hand hygiene prior to approaching the visit area. You will not be allowed to visit without a facemask. We can provide a facemask if you need one.
- Visitors must be screened by Geer staff for symptoms of Covid-19 before entering the visitation area. If any symptoms are present, visitation will be denied for the safety of others in the building.
- Please remember, social distancing means NO HUGGING, NO TOUCHING and you must remain six feet from one another for the duration of your visit.
- Even if you have been vaccinated for Covid-19, you must adhere to these guidelines.
Geer reserves the right to terminate any visitation session with the appearance or potential of compromising the safety of our residents and/or staff.
Thank you all for your cooperation and support.
- For Questions Regarding Visitation, Please Call:
Jill Simmons, Recreation Director at 860-824-3831 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org