When we say we are family, taking care of family and friends, it takes on a whole new meaning. Our staff brings a true sense of family to work. Many of our staff members are from local families. Some of our staffs’ parents have lived or worked at Geer. In fact, we have had multiples of three generations that have been employed at Geer. We pride ourselves on doing everything we can to retain good people. We are truly blessed to have a group of such caring and dedicated professionals.
We, the Geer Team, emphasize respect, integrity, compassion and forgiveness in our interactions with staff and are stewards in the continued support of the values as we offer the full continuum of care to the senior community.
Want to Join Our Team?
Benefits of working at Geer Village
In addition to the fun and friendly atmosphere we also offer:
- A broad benefit plan that includes not only health insurance, vision, dental, a flexible spending account, life insurance and pet insurance.
- Last year the amount our employees contribute for their healthcare insurance actually went down!
- Vacation, holiday and a generous amount of sick time.
- We offer a 1% match to our employee’s 403b retirement accounts.
- All employees, in good standing have received a 3% increase, each year for the past 5 years.
- We increased the number of paid holidays from 8 to 10 for all staff.
- We are committed to providing the best wages possible for all employees.
- A social committee keeps work fun and rewarding!
- Subsidized membership to the on-site YMCA
- Discounted meals ($3.00) from our kitchen when you are on-duty
- Access to our on-campus Physical Therapy and Pharmacy
- Shift differentials
- Ask about our Sign-on Bonuses and Employee Referral Bonuses
- Staff Scholarship Fund to help further your education
- Comprehensive Orientation and onboarding
- Leadership training and mentor programs
Here’s What Our Staff are Saying
“Geer is a caring, family oriented, nursing home. We have a great caring team who’s core values of Respect, Compassion, Stewardship, Integrity & Forgiveness lead each employee everyday to give our residents the best care and homelike environment that we possibly can! If you have these qualities and are looking for a place to work, come join our team! This is my personal statement! I have been a CNA for 28 years and have worked at Geer for 6 of them and love the team I work with!” – Helena Case
“Geer recognizes and appreciates the value of long term, loyal employees which is why it has many. Communication regarding suggestions and changes is both encouraged and forthcoming to promote a pleasant working atmosphere and quality care.” – Gayle King